Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Remembering Martin

I got word today that an old friend of mine was no longer of his former mind. Two heart attacks and then a severe epileptic seizure has left him with no short term memory, and very little long term memory. Every day - he has to re-learn how to do ... everything.

When I got the news, I sat and cried. I cried for his loss. I cried for how this must be affecting life for his wife and three children. And I cried that I had let so much time go by without getting in touch with him - to let him know that he had been a special person in my life.

He is only in his 40's.

Friends of his (and mine) put together a fundraising event for him - because he can no longer work ... and the promo for that event says it all.

Please keep Martin and his family in your prayers.

Thanks for listening.

B

2 comments:

Sandy's Space said...

Dear Brenda,

Thank you so very much for your kind words. Italy was a wonderful experience for me. It allowed me to find peace within and I certainly came back a different person because of it. It is a beautiful country and Tuscany is a magical area to be sure.

I saw your trip to Mexico. I have been down that way and it is such a great vacation spot. I will have to consider your invitation though as I am planning a 16 day trip to Africa (Kenya) in November of 2006. The trip has an ulterior motive and that is to bring school supplies to children in some villages we will visit. It was a trip I was suppose to take in 2005 but it was postponed to 06. It still leaves me with some vacation time and if the funds are available I will most certainly consider the trip to Mexico.

I have been very busy since I have returned from Italy and hence have not had an opportunity to write in my blog. I am hoping that once Christmas has past I will be more frequent in my journal.

I want to also thank you once again for the time and effort you put into those heart bracelets. That takes a lot of organization and you are ace at that!

Please lets keep in touch as I love to read your blog and hear what is going on with you and all the many projects you have going on.

Take care and Merry Christmas!

Sandy

Anonymous said...

During this type of short and intensive effort the body cannot satisfy the need of oxygen. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry outlet shop[/url] In the watertube, the fire or hot gases are directed to and around the exterior of tubes containing water. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose[/url] Oyoevihzw
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora uk[/url] Bgvamqayl [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose online[/url] hpunvqvpf